Monday, October 22, 2012

Judas Writes a Short Note About His Betrayal of Jesus and Will Come Again to Tell His Story

August 23, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Judas Iscariot.

I came tonight because I want to tell you of just what my condition and expectations were when I betrayed Jesus, which resulted in his crucifixion.

I was a very enthusiastic lover of the Master and believed thoroughly in his teachings and his power and did not believe that the Roman soldiers could take him away from where we were, if we did not permit it to be done. As a consequence, I was anxious that Jesus should show his great power and demonstrate to the Jews that he was a true son of God with power over men and devils.

I never betrayed him for the money that I received for it was not sufficient to pay for one moment of happiness, which I have lost because of my act in betraying the greatest spirit in all God's Kingdom.

I see that you are too sleepy to write more tonight. I will come again and tell my story.

So goodnight,
Judas

No comments:

Post a Comment