Thursday, January 31, 2013

St. John Writes About the Spirits at the Spiritualist Church That James Padgett Attended

October 28, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, St. John.

Yes, I want to tell you that the influences were not good, and some of these spirits came home with you and tried to write. But they have gone now, and I will write a while. I was present and heard what the medium said to you and what she said was true, for the spirits that she described came to you and wanted to make known their presence.

I did not know them, but I ascertained who they were, and the Sarah that the medium spoke of says that she was the cousin Sally who wrote you some nights ago. The description of her funeral was correct, for she was buried in the little village where she lived and which you know the name of. She was attracted to you because of her having met you at the time of her writing, and she has been with you quite often since, so she says. I only know what she told me.

The little child was not a relative, but a bright little spirit who was attracted to you and wanted to let you know that she was present. I do not know her name, but she was about four years old as you would say. She is here now and says that she wants to tell you that she came, because she saw that you must be good and love little children. She says her name is Rosebud, that she has no other name, and she died when she was only a few days old and never had any name. So you see, the children love you and you can have no better sign of your love nature than that. I don't know who the James was as he left soon after the medium spoke of him.

Now, all this is very pleasant for these spirits, but it does not do you any good, and I would advise that you do not attend that church very often. The mixture of spirits is so great that undesirable influences are present and necessarily affect your aura and the conditions that bring us in rapport. Of course, you may go occasionally, but if you want to go to church on Sunday night go to some of the churches where there is more of the Divine Love present. I mean some of the Protestant churches where you will listen to songs that have in them thoughts which ascend to the Father of Love, and where the preaching is such that the soul qualities will be appealed to. The spiritualist church has not much of the Divine Love in the hearts of its people, nor do the speakers say things or give out thoughts which tend to elevate the soul or satisfy its longings.

I would like to write you a message tonight on the subject of these soul qualities, but there are others here who want to write and I must postpone my message on that subject.

But I will say that without prayer to the Father and faith, there cannot be much progression in the development of the soul. If only men would understand this and offer their prayers to the Father instead of to the spirits and the unknown forces and friends who have recently passed to the spirit life, they would find a very different and wonderful result.

I am with you very often, trying to help you both materially and spiritually, and you are progressing, and your worries will soon leave you. So only trust and believe. I will not write more tonight.

Your brother in Christ,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment