Saturday, February 9, 2013

Napoleon's Writes That He is Interested in the Present War Between France and Germany

November 1, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington D.C.

I am here, Napoleon.

Yes, I am that man who did so much harm when on earth.

I merely want to say that I have been told by my daughter of her experience a few nights ago, and I became much interested in the fact that she could write to you, and that other spirits could write; and I thought that I would try. I found, though, that you have around you a band of beautiful and powerful spirits and that I had to have their permission before I was permitted to write. But they kindly gave me permission and I am writing.

I want to say that I am the ambitious man that I was on earth, but realize that I cannot take part in any of the movements or actions of men, as I am only a spirit; but I can associate with them and influence them into doing things and carrying out my ideas of what is necessary for France's good and glory.

I frequently visit the headquarters of the generals of the Allies in this present conflict and I know their thoughts and give them, by impression, the benefit or otherwise of my thoughts. And, in addition, I know what the plans of the Germans are. This war will last some time yet, but in the end the allies will be successful, for I can see all the factors that are working together to bring about that result.

Joffre is a competent man, and Kitchener is a good adjudicator; and when they unite their forces and enter upon the aggressive campaign with all the force and power which they have, the Germans will have to retreat and victory will come to them. But, alas, I also see the great sacrifices that will have to be made; but France will become a glorious nation, and the lives that will be sacrificed will be well devoted to the glorious cause.

The spirits are coming over in great numbers, but as I see things, they are exchanging an earth life for a spirit life merely, and the latter is the happier one. So what matters it that men die when a great nation can be saved, and the country for which I fought and suffered, and was exiled, shall become a glorious nation. A nation is only an aggregation of individuals, and the individual is not so important as the nation. The nation must be preserved even though the individual may die. But I have written enough and must stop.

I am in the Fourth Sphere and my dear wife is in the Fifth. She is so much more beautiful and bright than I am.

Well, I will think of what you said, but until this war is over with and the glory of France is established, I will not think of myself. I am a Frenchman more than a spirit, or rather than the inhabitant of a country that is not of so much importance as France.

So thanking you, I will stop. I will come again sometime and in the meantime I will assure you that you have my best and kindest regards.

Napoleon, the first and as a great Emperor the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment