Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Martin Luther Writes a Short Note About the Necessity of Correcting Many of the Principles of Belief of His Followers

May 16, 1916
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Luther.

I come to tell you that I desire very much to write you before a great time shall elapse, as I have a subject that is important to me to reveal to mankind, and especially my followers in the Church which bears my name. I see the necessity of correcting many of the principles of belief which now hold my followers to bondage and prevent them from learning the truths as I now know them to be.

So soon let me write, if you can possibly find the opportunity. I am very happy in my condition of love and living, and so want to help all others to learn the truth and become happy.

So, with my love and best wishes, I am

Your brother in Christ,
Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment