Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lazarus Writes that James E. Padgett is the Best Qualified Medium to Receive Higher Messages of Truth

September 21, 1916
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Lazarus.

I merely want to say that I am the real Lazarus of the Bible story and that I am an inhabitant of the Father's Kingdom, and in the truth that exists in that Kingdom, and in its inhabitants.

I declare to you that the spirits who have written you the truths of Celestial and spiritual things are actually those whom they represent themselves to be. Jesus, especially, is with you very often and communicates to you truths from his great storehouse of knowledge of the truth. He is so much interested in the work to be done and the revelations to be made that he is with you so very often for the purpose of not only revealing these truths, but of preparing you to receive them; and he is enveloping you in his love and giving to you a development of your soul faculties that will make you qualified to receive these high truths as no other mortal has ever been qualified, for he knows that you are his best qualified instrument now on earth to do his work and the work of the Father.

From what I say, you must not suppose that you are the best, nor the man having the greatest amount of the Divine Love in the soul, for that is not true. Nor are you chosen because of any merits of your own or superior mental endowments; but you have those conditions of attunement with him that enables him and the other spirits to use you in performing this work.

I am not of such exalted position or soul development as are many of the spirits who write you, yet I know the plans of the Master, and what I say to you is true. I was a Jew and an orthodox one, until the Master came to me and I developed my soul so that I could understand his teachings and become susceptible to the inflowing of the Divine Love.

I will not write more now, but in closing repeat that you must believe what I have above said, and try to do the will of the Father, and the work that you have been selected to do.

Well, both Mary and Martha are in the Celestial Heavens, and you would naturally suppose that Mary has made the greater progress in her soul development but that is not true, as they both live in the same sphere and have similar development. As you know, they have been in the spirit world for a very long time and whatever spiritual superiority Mary may have appeared to have over Martha does not now exist, for they both have this Divine Love to a degree that has caused all sin and thoughts for the material to have become eradicated long years ago.

Your wife says that I must not write more now and so I will say good night.

Your brother in Christ,
Lazarus

**********

Helen confirms the writing from Lazarus.

I am here, your own true and loving Helen.

Well sweetheart, you have had a message from Luke and one from Lazarus, and I want to tell you that it was really they who wrote. I was with you tonight and saw that you did not enjoy the evening very much nor the music either. I think it may be best for you to not visit there (the Colburns) so often, for if you will give more of your evenings to us you will find more benefit in our society and communications. It is well that you visit them occasionally for they enjoy your visits and some time, perhaps, you may be able to show them the way to the vital truths of the soul.

I am so glad that you are feeling so much better and I wish that the time was here when you could enjoy the things that you were thinking about as to your home. I will not write more tonight as it is late and you had better go to bed and get up early.

Yes, Mary [Kennedy] was with us and she enjoyed the visit and was very close to the Doctor [Leslie R. Stone]. She says tell him that she loves him and wants him to love her more and more each day. She will write him soon.

Yes, they did her good and succeeded in relieving some of the difficulty and she is better and the doctors think that she may recover. Dr. Campbell was with her last night and gave her the best attention and help that he was able to give and he knows a great deal about the ills of mortals and how to remedy them. He took charge of the case as the doctors say and directed the manner of assistance on the part of the others. I do hope that she will get well and the doctors are very hopeful. So you may expect to hear that she is better.

So my own dear Ned, love me and think of me for I love you so much. Kiss me and say good night.

Your own true and loving,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment