Monday, September 2, 2013

Martin Luther Writes About the Popes Who Were in Darkness and Suffering

August 28, 1916
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Luther.

I will not write much at this time but am anxious to continue my letter to my followers and, as soon as you are in condition, I will come and hope that you will give me the opportunity. Well, of course, I will have to wait until they have delivered these messages, but I have no doubt that there will be times when you will not be occupied by receiving their messages. I thank you and will come.

I have met both the Popes who were in the papal chair at the time that I went to Rome and when I was afterward persecuted and brought to trial before them. (Pope Leo X and Pope Clement VII) They are now in the Celestial Heavens but before they left the earth sphere they were in very great darkness and suffering intensely and, thus, repentance was very thorough and sincere. They were compelled to realize the great evil that the teachings and dogma of their church was doing to humanity and they devoted all their time in the spirit life to attempting to influence the priests and hierarchy of the great errors that they were teaching, but the result of their work was not very satisfactory for reasons that I have not time to explain now.

The state of the ignorant Catholic laymen is a very deplorable one when he comes to the spirit world, but that of the Pope and the priest is beyond all description. They are forever branded by the results upon their followers of their evil teaching and, consequently, suffer very much. Some time I will come to you and write in detail into the conditions and causes there are of these blind teachers of the blind. I must not write more tonight.

With my love I will say good night.

Your brother in Christ,
Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment