Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Col. Cook, a Former White House Doorkeeper, Writes About the Desires of the Spirits to Get a Message to the President

February 8, 1917
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Col. Cook.

Well, you are much in demand tonight, and the spirits who wrote are really whom they represented themselves to be; for I have been present and know them.

I am Col. Cook, who was the head doorkeeper of the Executive Mansion for so many years, and I know and tell you that tonight have been present many of the spirits to whom Mrs. Wilson referred as statesmen and rulers who have been trying so earnestly to influence and advise her husband. Especially is Cleveland anxious to communicate to the President, for he seems to be more interested in the country's affairs than the others, and is such a virile and powerful spirit. I only wish that there was some way that a message from him to the President might be delivered; but we all realize that it would not be believed.

Well, I cannot do any good by writing more and will close, though, I am much interested in my country and also in this method of communicating.

I will say good night.

Col. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment