Monday, June 9, 2014

James Writes about His Visit to a Church with Mr. Padgett; Helen also comments

April 28, 1918
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, James.

I am here and desire to say a few words as I have been with you this evening at the church and listened to the lecture of the preacher and feel that he misapplied his opportunity for furnishing his hearers spiritual food, which they all are so much in need of and which in many cases their souls are longing and crying for.

The lecture of the preacher was instructive in a certain way and appealed to the sympathies and better nature of those who heard it, but it contained nothing that tried to open up the souls of men to the Divine Love of the Father or show them the way to the Celestial Kingdom of the Master or the way in which they may become divine in their soul qualities of love or in perfect union with the spirit love of the Father.

I do not know that what I have said will serve any good purpose but yet I thought it best for me to communicate to you their thoughts. Perhaps, they may do some good in the future when you come to demonstrate the truths that you have received.

I will not write more. Good night.

James

**********

 Helen writes of the ignorance of preachers to explain the Truth of the Gospel.
   

I am here, Helen. I am your own true and loving Helen.

Well, dear, I have been with you a very great deal today and know just how you have felt and experienced a happiness in your soul arriving from the thoughts that you had in reference to things of the soul.

I will not attempt now to comment on either of the sermons that you heard. But I know just what thoughts you had in reference to the same and your thoughts were as my thoughts. It is so important but sad that the preachers have not had more information of the truth so that they might tell their hearers.

Tonight the Master was with you and listened to the lecture and impressed you with the thoughts that you had and felt that he would like to be able to tell the preacher just what his future is. He is a representative as he claims of the Christian teachings with a duty upon him to give forth these teachings to his people, yet he failed to do so. It is pitiable that such condition of ignorance of the truth exists among the ministers of the Gospel. But it is so and no help can apparently be offered them until the truths that you are receiving shall be published and spread among them.

The Master would have written tonight had circumstances been altogether favorable, but they were not and he will come very soon and communicate. I will not write more now. So, my dear, love me and pray to the Father for His Love. Good night.

Your own true and loving,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment