Saturday, April 28, 2012

Helen Describes in Detail Her Home and Surroundings in the Fifth Sphere and Writes About the Situation of Spirits Who Are in the Lower Spheres

January 7, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Helen.

I am very happy and you are a little better, and there is no need to worry about Nita as she is now very happy in her school. I will try tonight to tell you of what I am now doing in my new home and in the earth sphere where I am most of the time helping spirits.

Well in my home I am so very much engaged in studying the laws of communicating with you that I have hardly time for anything else. I am now quite certain that I understand how to talk to you in an independent voice and also to materialize. So you must not be astonished anytime to hear my voice or see me in the form of a materialized spirit. I am also trying to help the spirits who are in a condition of blindness and doubt.

I am living with your mother in her home, but I am not so spiritual as she. We are both very happy though and have everything that a heart could wish for. The music is so beautiful that I cannot describe it to you and even the love, which helps to make the music, is of such an intensity that you could not possibly understand if I should attempt to tell it to you.

My home here is much more beautiful than that which I had in the Third Sphere, and everything is beyond what I conceived when I lived there. The house and trees and flowers and fruits are very much more beautiful and delightful. No one could be anything but happy in such a home. We have nothing to interfere with our happiness and everyone is a delightful companion and full of love and beauty. I have met many spirits that I did not know either on earth or in the spirit world before I came to this place, both men and women.

Yes, we have rivers and lakes and fields and mountains and all the beautiful landscapes that you can imagine, I not only enjoy these things, but they are more real than those of earth. I am sometimes engaged in painting these flowers and landscapes and have many pictures which others painted. I find that I can paint with a more artistic touch than when on earth. I have no trouble in drawing - as you know I had some in my earth pictures. I am also studying music, and especially my vocal lessons. You will be much surprised when you hear me sing as you cannot conceive what a different voice I have. Sometimes I try to sing some of the songs that I used to sing to you, but they are not pretty in comparison to the songs we have here, either in the music or the sentiments.

Well, as you are not so much interested in my description, I will not attempt further portrayal of the things here. Yes, I can see it in your brain. You are thinking about other things, so you see, I know. Yes, but you must think of what I write for that is necessary in order for you to write. While I can guide your hand, yet I have also to use your brain to express my thoughts. You could, if you will try - that is one of the things that I want you to do, for then you can hear what I say at any time, and it will not be necessary for you to write.

Yes, it is better to presume what I write, for sometimes it does you good to read over what I have said and feel over again the emotions which you felt at the time of your receiving my messages.

I love you all the time, and you know it, but sometimes it is beneficial to reread my expressions of love, even though you doubt that they are mine. Let me tell you that you are not to remain in this state of doubt much longer, for I will so indubitably show my presence to you that you will never again doubt that I am with you. Then when you write you will feel that I am indeed writing as convincingly as if I sat beside you and you could see me. It may happen any night as you sit and write or when you are lying in bed thinking of me and wondering if I am really with you. So you must be prepared to have anything happen which will show you that I am with you. Yes, I believe that I will be able to do that when you are all alone, and so you will hear my voice when you are alone.

No, this is the most satisfactory means of communicating that I know of. You can exchange your thoughts for mine, and can write so much more than I could possibly speak. Yes, I will be able to speak for a little while, at a time, but not as I write. No spirit can gather such power as would be required to continue to talk for any length of time. Even Bright Star, who is an adept, could not carry on an extended conversation, as she says.

The power that I now have enables me to manifest myself in several ways - such as the independent voice, materialization and writing - I do not know about the slate writing, but I believe that I can do that too - at any rate I will try to accomplish it sometime. I don't think that I will be able to manifest on the same night in an independent voice and also materialize, for each manifestation requires great power. Yes, I can knock on the table, but that does not give any special satisfaction - all earth bound spirits can do that - It is the lowest order of manifestation. We of the higher spheres do not care to do that if we can manifest in any other way, and I would rather not try it.

I mean that I am stronger physically, spiritually and mentally than White Eagle. I do not know the exact extent of my power, but the spirits with a better knowledge of these things, say that my power is so very unusual that I can do most anything that I may try. Of course, they mean within reasonable limitations. I could not take a mountain and move it, or even a very heavy substance, but I could lift you and will sometime just to show you how strong I am.

Spiritually, I am now in a sphere that enables me to know what the love of God really is and that in his love I have almost complete happiness. I have gotten rid of those things, I now love everybody, and am trying my best to help every soul that I possibly can. No such feelings of dislike or envy or hatred hasn't any place in my heart, for which I thank God.

The conditions of all spirits is determined by their goodness and love. No distinction on account of what a spirit might have been on earth is known here. The poorest working man is as of as great importance as the most famous man according to his earthly standing. In fact more of the poor and humble of earth are in the higher spheres than are those who were wealthy and held high positions. This is so, not because there were more of the poor, but because their spiritual conditions were better, and they are more susceptible to the influences of the good spirits, who are doing the Father's work. So you see high standing on earth is not a thing which determine the condition of the spirit here.

I know a number of spirits who, when on earth, were prominent in society, and wealthy, but who are now in the lowest sphere, simply because they did not know anything of God's Love, and wholly failed to observe his laws and truths while on earth. You will be surprised at the number of friends of yours who were prominent on earth, and who are not as happy as they were while on earth. Their desires are very much the same as on earth, and yet they have no means of gratifying them, and, consequently, they are very unhappy.

I think that the sin of suicide is the worst, and then the murderer, the drunkard and the prostitute. The last is a person who seems very difficult to things spiritual because he or she does not realize the enormity of his sin so much as the suicide or murderer. A prostitute has ruined many, and when she at last realizes that fact her sufferings are very, great. They are in very low planes - lower than the earth planes, and they are generally trying to pursue the occupation that they had on earth, and imagine that they do. I say imagine, because I have no better word to express it. But they really believe that there is some kind of happiness that comes to them from the belief that they have, that they can still engage in such things. You would be surprised to see the great number of men and women who occupy this plane - some of them who on earth were not considered such. But prostitution is not a thing of act altogether, but of desire or lust. A man may look on a women and lust after her, and, as Jesus said, he already commits adultery in heart; and so, many mortals committed adultery in that way and the sin arising therefrom follows them here, and can only be gotten rid of by prayer, and the consequent forgiveness and love of God in their hearts. A man or women may get rid of this sin while on earth, if he repents and prays God to let His Love come into his soul. When this Love takes possession of a man's soul all sin is cast out and is no more remembered against him - this is what is meant by washing away sin.

The blood of Jesus nor his vicarious atonement, as it is called, ever washes away sin - the only effective thing is the Love of God in the heart. So you see, men may believe all that they possibly can that the blood and sufferings of Jesus, and his death on the cross, saves them from sin and its consequence, and yet, if they are not possessed of this Love, these sins will remain and they are not saved.

I have written more than I intended on this subject, but as you are so much interested I thought it best to tell you what I have learned from the Master himself.

I mean by having more powerful mentality, that I have progressed so very much in knowledge and in my will power. I am not yet a wise woman, but in a certain line I. have acquired a great deal of knowledge as regards, for instance, the way in which spirits and mortals while in the flesh. I am not any more versed in the science of what controls the heavenly bodies, or why one star differeth from another in glory, or what are God's mysteries as you may consider them - these matters are being investigated by other and older spirits. But as regards love, both of God and spirits and mortals, I have learned a great deal. Let me tell you that of all subjects that should interest men, love is the greatest, for love is the fulfilling of all law; and the man who knows what love is, I mean the real, genuine love both for God and his fellow mortals and spirits has that which is not equaled by knowledge of anything else in all the Universe.

Jesus has this knowledge to a greater extent than any other spirit and, consequently, is the greatest power in all the heavens or earth, and those who listen to his teachings and follow them will be when they come over, and even while on earth, the strongest and happiest of all beings. So do not neglect to learn this great knowledge. You are very far in the possession of it, and when you shall have had his teachings and followed them you will be a powerful and happy spirit when you come over.

I am told by him (Jesus) that he is forming his own kingdom in the spirit world of those who listen to and follow his teaching, and get this great love in their hearts; and their home or sphere will be entirely separate from the other spirits, and will be in the highest heavens, where happiness the most supreme will be.

So I am trying to become one of his followers and a subject of his kingdom. He will not let sin of any kind or inharmony find a resting peace in that kingdom, and hence no man or spirit who has not been fully purified can possibly enter into it. He is now forming that kingdom and when his work is done, and he leaves the earth plane and mankind to themselves, he will go into that kingdom and remain there, and rule for all eternity. So strive to become worth of becoming a subject of that kingdom.

You must stop writing now as you are tired. Well as you are my soulmate and the only one that I will ever have or want, I must tell you that I love you with a love that can never grow old or less, and that when you come over you will realize that your Helen is a spirit who knows how to love. But she loves you now with all her heart and soul and you must believe it.

So goodnight my own darling Ned.

Your loving, Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment