Thursday, May 22, 2014

John Writes that James Padgett's Intellectual Willingness to Receive Messages is Not Sufficient to Make the Rapport for Higher Truths

January 27, 1918
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, John.

No, I cannot write tonight as I expected and am disappointed that you are not in condition for me to make the rapport. It seems that you are not inclined to receive my messages as you were at one time, although you say that you are ready to receive the writings. But your mere intellectual willingness is not sufficient, for my messages are those which do not come from the human intellect, but from the intellect of the soul, and in order that they may be received it is necessary that your soul shall be, in some degree, in harmony with mine. I could easily write you of things of the material or even of the Spirit Heavens, but it is impossible for me to use your brain to convey these spiritual soul truths unless your soul is developed into a harmony with mine.

To explain this was the object of my unfinished message, and as I desired to explain the laws controlling the communication and rapport of the Celestial Spirits with the mortal, and your soul not having the required condition, I was unable to finish my message. I have written you before on this subject, and all that I can say now is, think of the importance of this matter and the responsibility resting upon you. Remember the advice of Elias, and follow it. As soon as you are in condition I will come and write. Good night.

Your brother in Christ,
John

**********

Helen confirms that both Elias and John were anxious to deliver important messages tonight but could not due to improper soul conditions.

I am here, Helen.

Well, dear, I see that you are not in condition to write much tonight, and I am sorry for it as I desired very much to write. I have heard what Elias and John said and can only join with them in the advice that they gave. I do so hope that you will follow that advice and soon get in condition that will enable the communications to be received.

I know that you do not feel like your usual self, and you don't exactly understand the reason, but if you will think of what they told you, you will soon realize the cause and will be able to get rid of it. Think of these things and keep up your courage and have faith in the future and what we have told and promised you. I will not write more now. Love me and believe that I love you and am with you so very much trying to help you. Good night.

Your own true, loving

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment