Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Helen Writes a Short Personal Note About the Sermon and their Children

October 22, 1916
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, your own true and loving Helen.

Well dear, I see that you enjoyed the evening very much and on the whole felt satisfied with the sermon of the preacher. It was a rather unexpected sermon from an orthodox minister and one that may result in some good to those who heard it.

I was with you and so was that little soulmate (Mary Kennedy) of the Dr.'s (Leslie R. Stone) and she was delighted to be with him and, of course, I was also delighted to be with you.

I was also glad that Edward was with you, for I see he will be led to believe in the truths that we are teaching and so experience the happiness of having the Divine Love and having the soul development that is so desirable. He is a good boy and I am so sorry for him in the manner that you know of. But he will soon have the change that I have written you about. Be with him as much as you can, for he will need your sympathy and loss and will feel very lonesome at times although he will also experience some relief from some of the things that worried him.

I think of baby (Nita) also and am with her a great deal as she needs you also and I hope that soon you will all be together. In fact. I know you will be very kind and loving with her. Yes, I will try to influence her in the way that you spoke of, and I think I can succeed. So have hope that she will do as you desire.

I love you all with all my heart and pray for you to make you happy. I must not write more tonight. Give me my kiss and go to bed soon and get up earlier in the morning. So sweetheart good night.

Your own true and loving,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment