Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mary Baker Eddy Writes that there are Misleading Errors in Some of Her Teachings

June 13, 1918
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

Let me write a line, for I have been interested in the conversation of the Doctor (Leslie R. Stone) and want to express to him my thanks for his efforts to enlighten one of my followers as to the truth; and my obligation is based on the fact that I recognize the misleading errors of some of my teachings, and that I am responsible for the beliefs of many mortals that are not true and have the effect of keeping them from the truth; and further, that whenever any of those who have embraced the beliefs that I taught are shown the light and directed to the errors of my teachings, I am to that extent happier and relieved from the burdens which I carry with me - that my teachings are keeping so many from the truth. In all this I refer to the great question of the Divine Love and the way in which mortals may obtain the same and become in harmony with the Father, and partake of His Divine Nature and immortality.

I have examined these truths since I came to the spirit world and realize with a great conviction, that the reflection of the Divine Love is not the possession of that mind which comes only with the possession of the Love of the Father.

I wish that I had time tonight to write you a longer letter on this subject, but your guide says that you are not in condition to receive a lengthy letter and I must stop.

Let me express the hope that you and your friend, whenever the opportunity occurs, will attempt to enlighten my followers as to the truths which you know and as to errors and the want of the true explanation of a salvation, which my books do not contain.

With my love I will say good night.

Mrs. Eddy

**********

Helen affirms Mrs. Eddy's message.

I am here, your own true and loving Helen.

Well dear, I have been with you all evening and enjoyed your conversation. You may believe that the last communication was from Mrs. Eddy, for she actually wrote and was glad that she could do so, and because she carries the burden of which she wrote, we permitted her to write.

She realizes that, although she has a great amount of the Divine Love, yet the knowledge that she believed and taught others to believe the errors of her writings causes her much unhappiness in the way of possessing a great desire to undo or neutralize the effect of what she taught.

Love me and pray to the Father. Good night.

Your own true and loving,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment