Thursday, May 31, 2012

A.G. Riddle Writes that He Believes James Garfield Will be Helped by James Advice

March 22, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, your old partner.

You had a letter from Garfield. He was so anxious to write that I thought it would do no harm to let him try, and I am glad that I did, for what you said to him has impressed him very much and, I believe, will lead to his seeking information on the subject of the New Birth. He is a wonderful spirit intellectually and has progressed to a very great degree in the investigation of spiritual laws. So that on the whole, his writing will do no harm to our band.

Well, I do not understand it, as he was a Christian on earth, and one would naturally suppose that he would have made inquiry for Jesus when he came over. But it seems he did not, why I don't know. But now that he realizes what you told him, he undoubtedly will seek the Master at the first opportunity. I shall endeavor to show him the way with all my heart and ability. Yes, I will soon. I am very happy and am progressing rapidly, and expect to soon be in the Fifth Sphere, where your father and Professor Salyards are. Oh, my dear Padgett, I cannot tell you what happiness I am now enjoying.

Well, I must stop. Mrs. Riddle and Bert are advancing some, but they do not seem to get the light as rapidly as I hoped they would. But they pray and, I think, are commencing to realize that God's Love is waiting for them. So with all my love and many wishes for your happiness and success,

I am your old partner and spirit brother,
A.G. Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment