Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jesus Writes That He Visited the Preacher of a Unitarian Church and Believes He Will Accept the Truths in the Messages

December 28, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Jesus.

I came tonight to tell you that you did the right thing by sending the message to the person who wrote the article upon the subject of Christianizing the Bible, for I now believe that he will appreciate it to a very great extent.

He is not an orthodox Christian as I have learned, but is the preacher of a Unitarian Church in the little town in which he lives and is a very broad minded man. I have learned this by visiting him and saw the condition of his mind and beliefs upon subjects related to what you have written him.

He may have some doubts as to the source of the message and may not feel inclined to accept your statements as to how you received it as true, but yet his doubts will not be altogether of such a nature that he may not have some hesitation on saying that such a thing as your receiving my message could not be true.

At any rate he will become interested in the subject matter of the message and will find some thoughts that he never before had.

And I fully realize that when you shall publish my messages, the great difficulty in their being accepted will be the doubts of the people as to their source, but you will have to compile the book in such a way that the testimony of the numerous writers will be so strong that the doubts will not be able to withstand the evidence of my being the writer of the messages. And when men read the same, they will realize that the truths which they contain could only come from a higher source than mortal mind and that the hand of the Father is in them.

I merely write this tonight to show you that we will have a great difficulty to have people believe that I wrote the messages and that we will have to do everything possible to convince them of the truth of the source of the writings. But if this difficulty should appear almost insurmountable in the beginning, yet after a while when men come to appreciate the inherent truth and importance of the messages, they will easily believe that I wrote them, and especially will this be the case with those men who are not orthodox in this belief.

So I will continue to write and you to receive the messages and when the time comes to publish them, I do not fear that they will not be gladly received.

Very soon I will write you another, which will be very important to mankind.

I will only say further that I am with you trying to influence you to do the right thing in your life and to believe with all your heart in the Divine Love of the Father and in my mission and your work.

I will not write more but will say with all my love that I am,

Your brother and friend,
Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment