Sunday, August 19, 2012

St. Thomas and St. Barnabas Confirm that James Padgett was Chosen by Jesus to Receive His Messages of Truth

July 18, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

Let your mind be open to the conviction that I and all the others of the disciples of Jesus have and can write to you in testimony of your selection to do the great work that you have been called to do. Never was mortal so favored by the greatest man and most wonderful and powerful spirit that ever lived. I, an apostle, do not see how you could have been selected, and not so great a lover of God as we might expect the mortal to be who should be called to this work. But the Master has chosen you and he knows what is best, and we have no right to pass judgment on his choice. But no matter whether you are worthy or not, you have been chosen and you must do the work.

I know that you will have sustaining you all the power and wisdom of the spirit world that is ruled over by Jesus; and that will be sufficient to insure not only success in your work, but also your own soul's development and salvation.

I wish that I might tell you what a privileged man you are, but I cannot tonight, as I must stop now and let another write.

I am your brother and friend, St. Thomas the doubter, because my faith was failing as it did when I was told that the Master had risen from the dead. Oh, the curse of unbelief. I say to you above all things:  Believe, believe, and believe.

St. Thomas

* * * * *

Let me supplement what St. Stephen wrote. I am an apostle of the Master and was called Barnabas, the partner of Paul in much of his ministry in extending and making known the truths of the Master throughout Asia and also Judea. I was not only the collaborator with Paul at Jerusalem, but among the circumcised Jews who embraced the faith of Christianity. I am now working with the apostles in trying to help men and spirits understand and believe in these Great Truths.

So you must believe that I am trying to help you in the great work which the Master has decreed and declared you shall perform. We are all with you and will exert all our power and love to forward the cause of righteousness and the redemption of men.

You must acquire the faith, which is so necessary to your success. I mean the faith, which leaves no room for doubt that the Master has called you, and has, and will give you power and spiritual development that you may do his work as he desires you to do it. Be a true believer and you will not fail.

I will not write more tonight and will say - may God prosper you and make you like unto Himself in soul qualities and in goodness.

I am your brother and friend,
St. Barnabas, the apostle and a lover of the Master

No comments:

Post a Comment