Tuesday, February 19, 2013

John Critcher, a Former Lawyer Who Knew James E. Padgett, Writes About His Disappointment on Entering the Spirit World

November 7, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, John Critcher. 

You must remember me for I had my office in the same building with you, when I practiced law.

Well, I am in a condition that gives me considerable happiness and, yet, I am not in that state of happiness, which I expected to have when I was on earth.

As you know, I was an Episcopalian and tried to observe strictly the doctrines and formalities of my church and expected when I died to go to Heaven and find rest and nothing to make me unhappy. But I was mistaken in this, and I found myself in the earth plane of the spirit world and had to undergo some suffering and darkness and did not find the Heavenly rest that I expected.

But I have progressed since I came over and am now happier and in more light.

I was passing, when I saw the light that comes from your room, and looked in and saw you, and asked permission to write, and your band consented and so I am writing. No, thank you, only sometimes you can give me a kind thought and good wish?

So thanking you, I am

Your friend,
John Critcher

No comments:

Post a Comment