Monday, February 11, 2013

Larkin, an Old Friend of James Padgett, is in the Fourth Sphere and Has Not Yet Accepted the Belief of the New Birth

November 1, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington D.C.

I am here, Lar....

I am here, John the Baptist.

Well, the spirit who tried to write could not remember his name, and he has gone into the higher sphere to recover his recollections. He was not a very good spirit, nor yet one in much darkness. He has returned and says his name is Larkin and that he knew you on earth. I will let him write, for he is so anxious.

Larkin:

Well, I am sorry that I disarranged things, but really I could not remember my name until I went to the Fourth Sphere where I live and recovered my composure. This is my first appearance in your atmosphere and I was somewhat confused.

I merely want to say that I am a believer now in the future state; in fact, I know that I am alive even though I died when on earth. Well, it only goes to show that we can so easily be mistaken in what we think we know as a result of what we call reason. I am very happy, but not so happy as my wife who is in the Fifth Sphere, as she tells me.

I have never yet been able to accept her beliefs in the New Birth, although I see the result of something in her condition which she claims to be the New Birth. But I can't believe in it, and I am enjoying myself in the society of those who are happy in the exercise of their intellectual faculties only.

I will not write more, so thanking you, I will say good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment