Monday, August 19, 2013

Edwin Forrest, an Old Friend and Law Partner of James E. Padgett, Seeks Help in Getting out of Darkness

June 27, 1916
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I am here, Edwin Forrest.

Well I am here again and I am glad to be able to write you for I need your advice so much, as several have told me that you can help me. I am in much darkness and suffering, and don't know just why, but I suppose it is because of my evil habits, and I want to get relief if, possible, so try your best to help me.

Well I understand what you say and will believe that you desire to help me, and I will certainly try to take your advice. So give it to me. Yes, I see some who are like myself and need help as I do.

Yes, now I see some beautiful and bright ones who are so different from what I have ever seen, and as I look they become plainer to me, and I see your wife and she is so beautiful and speaks to me and says that she heard what I said to you and that she is ready and willing to help me, if I will listen to her and try to believe what she says. My, she is lovely and seems too good!

Well, I have heard what you say and you surprise me somewhat in telling me about Taggart and the others, and I will try to do as you say. But before I go, tell me how did you ever get the power to receive my writing and thus communicate. I never knew when on earth that you had this power, and if you had told me, I suppose I would not have believed.

So Ned, I will do as you say, and your wife calls me to her and I am going. So goodbye and believe that I am thankful.

Your old partner and now grateful friend,
Edwin Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment