Saturday, September 1, 2012

Vespasian, the Roman Emperor who Conquered Jerusalem, Writes That He is Interested in James' Work and is a Redeemed Spirit Who Lives in the Celestial Spheres

July 22, 1915
Received by James Padgett
Washington, D.C.

I was a spirit who, when on earth, was known as the man who conquered and destroyed Jerusalem. I am Vespasian, the Roman Emperor.

I became a Christian even before my death, but I never was more than a Christian in name. I knew nothing of the true doctrines of Christianity, or of the Love which the early Christians professed to possess, as such Love was taught by Jesus. My espousing Christianity was a matter of political expediency and was not the result of any fixed faith in the truths of that religion.

But since I became a spirit I have become a true Christian, and am now a follower of and believe in the truths of the Master. I live in the Celestial Spheres and am a redeemed spirit and have the happiness which such condition ensures. You must not think that because I was once Emperor of the great Roman nation that, therefore, I am a person of more importance than are those who were of less importance on earth. That fact does not enter into the determination of what place I shall occupy in the Celestial Spheres. Only the soul's development determines that question.

But I am a high spirit, nevertheless, and I want to tell you that I am interested in your work among men and the unfortunate spirits. So believe me when I tell you that I am in sympathy with your work and will aid you to the best of my ability.

I know that you have your doubts as to my writing to you, and I can hardly blame you for it is not natural to suppose that the spirit of one who passed over such a long time ago would have the interest in you or in humanity to cause him to come to the earth sphere again and attempt to write to you or to help mortals. But it is a fact, nevertheless, and you must believe me.

Well, we do not stand still in our spirit life, and we have learned many languages since we became spirits and knowing sometime ago that mortals would be called upon to do the work of assisting in the redemption of men, we have prepared ourselves so that we can understand and write most of the languages of earth. But in the case of the English language, we saw that the greatest number of mediums come from the race speaking that language and, hence, we paid particular attention to the learning of the English tongue.

We can learn so much more readily the various languages since we became spirits, and men must not think that spirits do not progress in their knowledge of nearly every kind of learning. I am not now the one-sided person that I was on earth - the whole universe is open to me to learn whatever it contains, and I have studied with great interest and assiduity ever since I became a spirit.

Well, I must stop, but will come again and tell you of many things that my studies have brought to my knowledge. So with the best and kindest of feelings, I am,

Your brother in Christ,
Vespasian, The Roman Emperor

No comments:

Post a Comment